Music Educator / Choral Conductor / Choreographer
Music and movement are my passions. I am classically trained as a singer, dancer, and instrumentalist. I am an experienced classroom teacher as well as music educator, and have a special interest in children's choirs.
27812 Pullman Avenue Abbotsford, BC V4X 0A2
Bachelor of Arts in Music
Trinity Western University - April 2004
Academic Honours:: Great Distinction, GPA: 3.84, President's Award Scholarship, Music Scholarship
Student Involvement: Resident Assistant, Dance Team Leader
Ensembles: Chamber Choir Member, Woodwind Quartet, Concert Band
Bachelor of Education
Trinity Western University - May 2006
Academic Honours:: Great Distinction, GPA: 3.82
Student Involvement: Aerobics Instructor, Dance Team Member
Intermediate R.A.D. Ballet
Royal Academy of Dance - November 2008
Orff Level 1
University of British Columbia - July 2006
Group Fitness Leader Certification
BCRPA - July 2004
Follow-up: Completed required credits every 24 month cycle including posture specialization and maternity fitness training
Grade 9 Piano
Royal Conservatory of Music - December 1999
Mennonite Educational Institute
K-5 Music Specialist 2006-2007, 2014-2016
- Delivered an elementary music education program involving the use of un-pitched percussion instruments, Orff barred instruments, recorders, movement/dance, and vocal music.
- Conducted three choirs (Grade 3,4,5), each consisting of 75–92 children, with weekly 45 minute rehearsals.
- Organized and directed Christmas and Spring concerts and special chapel services for Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Grandparents Day, and Easter.
- Planned and implemented a Fine Arts Festival involving lunch time concerts with student performances held each day for two weeks.
- Conducted my three choirs at the Kiwanis Music Festival in Langley and my grade 5 choir was awarded, "Promising Elementary School Choir" in May 2015.
Classroom Teacher 2007-2014
- Led classes of 28 - 30 Grade 3, 4, or 5 students in full and part-time capacities
- Instructed and planned learning activities in the subject areas of Language Arts, Socials, Science, Math, P.E., Bible, Personal Planning, and Art.
- Participated in collaborative unit planning with grade group teams
- Diversified instruction through programs such as Literature Circles and Reading Response Journals.
- Created a strong sense of community in classes through detailed feedback to individual students, encouragement, opportunities for all to share, and valuing the diversity in my class.
- Reformed and provided visionary leadership to staff our chapel program in 2013-2014 school year with excellent results.
- Created innovative active chapel sessions involving movement and worship.
Pacific Mennonite Children's Choir
Co-Artistic Director, Assistant Conductor 2004-2009
- Conducted various choral groups in performance and rehearsal settings (including sectionals)
- Taught weekly theory lessons for 8-10 year olds.
- Provided individual voice coaching.
- Supervised members on tours to Vancouver Island
- Created and taught choreography for singers age 8-16
- Provided advice on performance quality and look of the choir
Director, Assistant Director, Sales Manager, Stage Manager 1999-2004
- Led and performed with tours for four to seven weeks throughout Canada, Brazil and Australia
- Led young people ages 12-22 in a groups of 15-20 singers and 5-7 musicians.
- Conducted, directed rehearsals, led choreography, publically spoke (MC)
Township of Langley
Group Fitness Instructor 2004-2011
- Led various classes such as : Step, Bodysculpt, Boxerfit, Boot Camp, Strollerfit
4 YearsOrff 4 Years
4 YearsPrivate Vocal Lessons 4 Years
5 YearsMusic Curriculum Planning 5 Years
10 YearsConducting Children's Choirs 13 Years
4 YearsMusic Theory for Children's Choirs 4 Years
10 YearsChoral Choreography 10 Years
30 YearsBallet 30 Years
15 YearsModern 15 Years
5 YearsDance Team Leadership 5 Years
10 YearsModern Performance Choreography 10 Years